Jaykrishna Magnetics manufactures suspended permanent magnetic over band separators that are designed to eliminate tramp metal from the product carried by a belt, vibratory feeders or by inclined planes. Overbands are mainly used to protect machines such as crushers, shredders, and others, to remove ferrous particles and purify products (Industries like Foundries, Coal Mines, Cement Works, Food, Sponge Iron, Charcoal, Glass, Chemical Industries and Domestic waste recycling Plants). Permanent magnetic over band separators are used when an automatic removal of ferrous contamination is necessary. If not then fixed permanent suspension magnets are more preferable.
Watch Video Of Overband Magnetic Separator:
Salient Features :
- Used in either ceramic or powerful rare earth magnet.
- Separator body covering.
- Low maintenance
- Roughest construction
- High efficiency of separation
- Long belt life
- There are total five types of separators RE designed to operate at a predetermined working gap over the conveyor:
- The speed of the belt , the nature of the product, its density, its granulometry and the size of the pieces which have to be extracted are on of the parameters to be taken into consideration when choosing the type of Overband.
- Five type of Separators Redesigned to operate at a predetermined working gap over the conveyor : 100, 150, 200, 250 and 300mm.
While choosing the type overband there are few parameters which have to be extracted like the speed of the belt, the nature of the product, its density, its granulometry and the size of the pieces.
OBMS For Recycling Plants:
Two U-section pieces are fixed on the Magnet by Fastening ears and are supporting bearings of Drums. Drums are equipped with shafts mounted on removable hubs. All bearings equipped with stakes for tightening the belt.
The belt is driven by a Reduction Gear Coupled to Electric Motor / Geared Motor by Vee- belts.
Magnet Unit :
The Magnet is made of High-Intensity Strontium Ferrite / Rare Earth Magnets and is guaranteed for the Magnetic Power throughout the life of the installation. A Non – Magnetic Stainless steel Plate is provided to cover the poles of Magnet. There is no need for any electrical supply or maintenance.
These units can be installed either in-line over the terminal head pulley (Fig – 1. ), or transversal to the conveyor (Fig – 2). In both cases, it is necessary to foresee Non- Magnetic products under the Magnetic Field.
The most effective position is inline (Fig – 1) over the head pulley. The material being conveyed is in virtual Suspension and Tramp Iron is, therefore, more readily extracted.
Very good results are obtained by combining a Permanent Magnetic Overband with Permanent Magnetic Pulley at the discharge end.